2017 Schedule of Events
We have created some amazing workshops prior to the Kick-Off of PME17! Choose the one that best suits your needs. Each workshop requires an additional ticket to participate. Or, check out our 3-Day Combo Ticket package to get all three days for a fraction of the investment!
Podcasting Start Up Workshop
Presented by Podcasters HangoutIdeal for beginners and new podcasters still looking for guidance.
Registration opens at 8:00am
Podfusion Experiential Workshop
Presented by She PodcastsIdeal for current podcasters as well as beginners.
Registration opens at 8:00am
Pecha Kucha PME17 Event
Complimentary for all PME17 attendeesEach speaker gets six minutes to showcase 20 slides for 20 seconds each. Very similar to the format of an Ignite event. A wide spectrum of topics will be covered. Arrive early as we have limited seating.
PME17 Kick Off Event
Make Sure To Be In Attendance!Your chance to meet your fellow attendees and start building relationships that will last long after the conference is over! Make sure to have 50 business cards handy for this special event! We recommend you eat prior to attendance.
PME Jump Start
Recommended for all first-time attendees!Meet the conference organizers, veteran podcasters as well as a handful of sponsors. Great relationships are made during this session. We also give you a road map on how to get the most out of your Podfest experience!
Break Out Sessions
Make sure to connect with a new found friend
Exclusive World Premiere of The Messengers: A Podcast Documentary
Don’t Miss This Red Carpet Event!
At the bar and pool areas
Meet & Greet with Vendors
All vendors have incredible giveaways. Be sure to take time out to visit their booths.
Keynote Sessions & The Pazzie Awards Show
If you like a good laugh, then don’t miss the Pazzies!
After Hours Party
Location to be announced
Featured Topics at Podfest Multimedia Expo 2017
- How to build out a network around your subject matter (example: Horse Radio Network)
- Utilizing your podcast to build your business services (coaching, courses, events, etc.)
- Making online content for Audible and monetizing through audio courses
- How to use your podcast within industry conferences for sponsorship and audience growth
- How to successfully create a listener-supported podcast
- How to position and sell merchandise that adds value to your listeners
- Growing your Facebook Group through Facebook Marketing
- Live streaming and the best way to utilize it for audience growth
- Crafting a compelling story
- The future of geo local podcasting
- Women in podcasting
- Booking great guests and being a great guest – includes a panel of real case studies (Conducted by Jessica Rhodes)
- Building a podcast power team and knowing what questions to ask (moderated by Christy Hausler)
- The Podcast Productivity Panel!
Key tips to podcasting productively (Made up of the country’s top productivity podcasters)
- How to find your niche as well as what niches you should explore
- Exploring your ideal show format (interview, solo, highly-produced, fiction, storytelling, panel etc.)
- Mic & Headset Round Up
Learn about the different mics and headsets & how they work. We will also have an interactive part of this session for you to test the equipment yourself.
- Editing & Mixing 101
Learn how to edit your own podcast & Mix for Success (Audio Mixing that is) and how to record a show with multiple guests.
- Q&A Table
Ask your question one-to-one at any time!
- Lessons learned while crowdfunding The Messengers Documentary (during movie premiere Q&A)
- Growing your YouTube channel with subscriptions – panel
- Panel of businesses featured on Shark Tank: the Shark Tank impact on your online media
- How to Promote and Grow a Conference (Panel of Successful Conference Organizers)
- How to digitally distribute an independent film on your own (during movie premier Q&A)
- Building a Facebook following that pays you every day
- Blogging and podcasting and how to integrate the two succesfully